Cardinal Maritime Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want you to tell you how we use and protect your personal information. This is includes informing you of your rights regarding any personal information that we may hold relating to you.
This Privacy Notice describes how we may use, process and store your personal information. We may get that information directly from you or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements you have with us or our partners on behalf of us, in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations. In other cases, we will get that information from you with your permission and consent, or we may receive your personal information from third parties who you have given consent to pass this information on to us.
The Laws and Regulations
The laws that govern personal data in the UK are:
The Data Protection Act (1998)
REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
The independent authority that upholds information rights in the public interest in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”). Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
Who is Cardinal Maritime?
This is Cardinal Maritime’s registered address, company number and contact information:
Cardinal Maritime Limited
Sharston Industrial Area
Company Registration Number: 3444899
ICO Registration Number: ZA336072
Phone: +44 (0) 161 491 0491
Information we may collect from you
Cardinal Maritime may collect information from you because we have a legitimate interest to collect the information for use in a business transaction, or because you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose, such as marketing of services. This information includes, but is not limited to;
- Business Name
- Business address
- Business contacts
- Appropriate telephone numbers for contacts
- Email addresses for business contacts
- VAT number
Information you give us
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- By requesting a quote online or sending us an e-mail
- Applying for a job at Cardinal Maritime.
This information may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal or contractual reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are buying goods or services from us, or when you are taking a job at Cardinal Maritime.
Information we collect about you
If you visit our website, we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- IP addresses
- How you interact with our website.
We may receive information about you if you use any of our business partners instructed to collect information on our behalf.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in delivery services, advertising networks, credit reference agencies, background checking agencies) and may receive or share information about you from or with them as necessary to ensure delivery of the service we provide you, or for legal reasons.
Why does Cardinal Maritime collect personal information?
Cardinal Maritime collects information for some or all of following reasons:
- To provide logistics services to you, including importation or exportation of goods, either directly or through one of our business partners.
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards, if you are already an existing Cardinal Maritime customer
- To provide information to you about services you have purchased from us, or related products or services
- To provide services to you under contract
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us that requires information to be passed to regulatory bodies
- To provide information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it.
What legal basis does Cardinal Maritime have for processing my information?
Cardinal Maritime may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- To comply with the law.
All of these are reasons Cardinal Maritime may legally process the information we have about you.
Who might Cardinal Maritime share your information with?
Cardinal Maritime may share your personal information with third parties, either because you have consented to allow us to do so or for legitimate interests. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Our group companies, which means our subsidiaries, or our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006
- Subcontractors and third parties for the purpose of the performance of a contract that we hold with them or that we hold with you
- With third parties who provide shipping services because you have purchased delivery services from us
Other reasons Cardinal Maritime may share your personal information with a third party
- If Cardinal Maritime Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by Cardinal Maritime about its customers will be one of the transferred assets of the company.
- In addition, Cardinal Maritime will share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons:
- If Cardinal Maritime must comply with a legal obligation
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Cardinal Maritime Limited, our customers or others
- We will exchange information with other companies or organizations to prevent fraud or to reduce our credit risks.
Where we store your personal data
We primarily store and process your personal data in the EU/European Economic Area (“EEA”). If we do transfer your personal data outside the EEA it will be because we have a legitimate reason to do so in order to fulfil a service or contract.
If your personal data cannot be processed within the EEA, we will:
- Comply with all other data protection principles
- Where possible, be to a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protections for the rights and freedoms of data subjects
- If the transfer is to the United States of America, we will use reasonable endeavours to make sure they participate in the Privacy Shield program
- Make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
Access to your stored personal data via password
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Transmission and storage of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use best practice to ensure your data is encrypted to the standard required in the GDPR to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data as it is transmitted and stored.
How long will you keep my personal information?
Cardinal Maritime will not retain your personal information for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it.
We may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer.
If you have questions about our Data Retention Policy, we can provide you a copy. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I chose not to give you my personal information?
If the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract between you and Cardinal Maritime, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services or goods if you do not give us your personal information.
Cardinal Maritime will respect your legal rights to your data.
Below are the rights that you have under law, and what Cardinal Maritime does to protect those rights:
|Legal right||What Cardinal Maritime does to protect your rights|
|The right to be informed||Cardinal Maritime is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use your data.|
|The right to access||You have the right to access your information. Please contact Cardinal Maritime’s Data Administration Officer at email@example.com if you wish to access the personal information Cardinal Maritime holds about you.|
|The right to rectification||If the information Cardinal Maritime holds about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact our Data Administration Officer if you need us to rectify your information: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to erasure||This is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you want Cardinal Maritime to erase all your personal data and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact our Data Administration Officer: email@example.com|
|The right to restrict processing||You have the right to ask Cardinal Maritime to restrict how we process your data. This means We are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want Us to restrict processing of your data, please contact our Data Administration Office: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to data portability||Cardinal Maritime must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across services in a safe and secure way without this effecting the usability of your data. Please contact our Data Administration Officer if you want information how to port your data elsewhere: email@example.com. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to Us as the Data Controller. The data must be held by Us by consent or for the performance of a contract.|
|The right to object||You have the right to object to Cardinal Maritime processing your data even if it is based on Our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purposeless of statistics. If you wish to object please contact our Data Administration Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to withdraw consent||If you have given Us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and Cardinal Maritime must stop processing your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact our Data Administration Officer: email@example.com|
|The right to complain to a Supervisory Authority||You have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel that Cardinal Maritime has not responded to your requests to solve a problem. You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/|
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to and from websites of our partners and/or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such notices. Please check these notices, where available, before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Cardinal Maritime may change this notice from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to you in writing. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
This notice was last updated in June 2021.